For patients needing pain relief from arthritis, chiropractic care as part of an integrative and holistic regime is an excellent choice. Dr. Michael Wilson at Kosak Chiropractic, serving Fairfield, CA, is committed to the health and well-being of his patients so they may have a better quality of life.
What Is Osteoarthritis?
One of the most common types of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which causes the breakdown of joint cartilage. It is a chronic disease that affects older patients. It may also be called degenerative joint disease and occurs frequently in parts of the body that see the most wear and tear – the hips, hands, spine, and knees.
Osteoarthritis may be primary, with no known cause, or secondary when it results from an injury or disease. Once the cartilage wears down, the bones may thicken, and spurs may form, interfering with joint movement.
Dr. Wilson at Kosak Chiropractic, serving Fairfield, CA, would like to remind you that the symptoms of this type of arthritis include:
- Decreased range of motion
- Stiffness and difficulty moving
Osteoarthritis and Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care focuses on the health of the spine and musculoskeletal system while stimulating the body’s natural healing system. By manipulating and realigning the joints, bones, and spinal vertebrae, your chiropractor also attempts to improve the relationship between your spinal column and the nervous system.
There are several ways to treat arthritis using chiropractic care. This includes:
- Spinal adjustments and manipulations relieve pressure on the joints and correct misalignments, reducing your pain.
- Therapeutic exercise helps stretch and strengthen the muscles while improving your overall posture and range of motion, decreasing stiffness that comes with osteoarthritis.
- Chiropractic care for injuries if this is the underlying cause of your osteoarthritis
- Lifestyle and nutritional advice, because poor health choices are often a predictor of arthritis later in life.
- Preventative chiropractic treatments help reduce the possibility of developing degenerative diseases.
- Therapeutic ultrasound for pain relief and to promote healing at a cellular level
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Many patients who visit a chiropractor say that one of the main benefits of chiropractic is pain relief which, coupled with an improved range of motion, allows you to have a better quality of life without relying on OTC medication. Another benefit of chiropractic is that it works well as part of an integrative approach to your healthcare, allowing you to curate the different parts of your health regime that are most beneficial to you.
If you have arthritis in the Fairfield, CA area, don’t allow pain and decreased mobility to get you down. Contact Dr. Wilson and his team at Kosak Chiropractic today at (707) 426-1111.